spillerama

indefinable, incoherent and intriguing, sometimes intoxicated and usually insomniac ramblings

Sunday, October 09, 2005

I have been bitten by the karaoke bug.
One of my castmates in my just opened (and very well-received, thank you)show is a diehard karaoke aficianado and I spent the weekend shuffling in her wake, belting out Juice Newton's Queen of Hearts and Cyndi Lauper's Time After Time and now suddenly I can't think of anything else and I spent this morning practicing hand movements to Never Been to Me from Priscilla Queen of the Desert and wondering if anyone would resent me if I sang a drag queen classic when I am, technically, a straight female.
Think I am in the throes of a new addiction. But since it is distinctly more healthy than the ones I currently have (Tanqueray and tonic and procrastination)I would consider it a positive step if it replaces one of them.